Re: [opensuse] Questions about name resolving using /etc/hosts SOMEWHATSOLVED
On 11/01/2018 03:10 AM, Peter Suetterlin wrote:
Peter Suetterlin wrote:
Whee, indeed. I just replaced my hosts with a link to the copied content.
No info from getent anymore...
Aargh! Mea maxima culpa :(
Always watch out for typos. Of course it doesn't look for a file called
'hotsts' :P.

So with proper naming of the link, getent follows it and uses the linked
file (both TW 20181022 and Leap 42.3).

@TO:
Were the permissions of the linked file correct?

Hi Peter,  Thanks for responding and fair question! Here is the
permissions on the files in question, I don't see anything wrong with
them...

bigbang:/etc # ll hosts
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 14 Nov  1 13:32 hosts -> /srv/etc/hosts
bigbang:/etc # ll /srv/etc/hosts
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 776 Oct 29 07:31 /srv/etc/hosts

    Marc...

--
Linux Counter