Re: [opensuse] Scanner settings?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2018 20:19:07 +0100
James Knott wrote:

On 11/01/2018 02:04 PM, Per Jessen wrote:
I usually scan for use in a document or to email to someone.
Sometimes
converting to a PDF first. It's most often text, so I use 150dpi,
sometimes 300dpi. I rarely use a scan without opening it with gimp,
reducing the size and saving as jpeg, at 60%. That'll create a
decent scanned image, reasonably sized for email, and it won't
produce bloated PDFs.

I scan into LibreOffice and save or email as PDF.  I don't use Gimp.

You also said you scan with 1200dpi, don't you end up with huge emails
or PDFs ?

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (9.0°C)