[opensuse] Audio volume fading out
My audio volume is fading out in LEAP 42.3. Where the system volume was set to 70 - 80% yesterday, I have to turn it up to 100% (or higher, as the GNOME and KDE settings seem to allow). I've reset it using alsamixer but this is the same setting the GUI interfaces use. I have a Sound BlasterX Kratos S5 sub-woofer and speakers with a USB connection, and alsa recognizes this as a "sound card." The actual built-in sound card is an Intel HDA ATI SB. It's the second time this has happened; a few months ago, I finally ended up turning up the speaker volume. This isn't a long term solution, at some point it will max out. The speaker control is under my desk, so I haven't ruled out inadvertently bumping the volume with my foot, but I think it's something else. Does anyone know what it would be?

Jon Cosby