Re: [opensuse] Re: What would be the proper command to swtich off wlan?
On 2018-08-30 17:04, James Knott wrote:
On 08/30/2018 04:40 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
Turning off automatic connection will do that.
That would be "permanent". I simply want the choice, the equivalent to a
wifi button, that this lappy lacks.

It would make me need mousing to connect every time. The command "nmcli
radio wifi" is just perfect :-)

I'm not sure if it's me or you, but one of us seems a bit thick lately.
How is entering that command easier than clicking on the network manager
and choosing what you want to connect to?

Yes, it is easier. I only have to retrieve a command from bash history.
Besides, this command resists a reboot, so I only need to do it once
till I need to change.

Again, it's not necessary, provided you always try to connect to the
WiFi address, whether Ethernet is connected or not.

I'll test that when I can, thanks for the idea.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.

(from openSUSE 15.0 (Legolas))