Re: [opensuse] Re: What would be the proper command to swtich off wlan?
On 08/30/2018 04:19 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
Why are they on the same IP?  On my notebook, they have different IP
addresses, as provided by the DHCP server.  While I have the addresses
tied to MACs, the DHCP server won't allow assigning the same address to
2 MACs.
Intentionally, to be able to ssh-in to the same name and IP from other
computers, not needing to remember/know which interface is the lappy
using this time.

Again, not necessary with Linux.  Configure different addresses for
Ethernet and WiFi, then work with the WiFi address, even when Ethernet
is connected.  That's all you need to do.  Give it a try and see what
happens.  You're trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist.

Also, by insisting on using the same address for both interfaces, you're
ruling out using DHCP.