Re: [opensuse] Re: What would be the proper command to swtich off wlan?
On 2018-08-26 07:17, James Knott wrote:
On 08/26/2018 04:38 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
What would you do when both eth and wlan are intentionally on the same IP?
There is collission.

Why are they on the same IP?  On my notebook, they have different IP
addresses, as provided by the DHCP server.  While I have the addresses
tied to MACs, the DHCP server won't allow assigning the same address to
2 MACs.

Intentionally, to be able to ssh-in to the same name and IP from other
computers, not needing to remember/know which interface is the lappy
using this time.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.