Re: [opensuse] Re: What would be the proper command to swtich off wlan?
On 08/29/2018 06:42 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
I program the same IP because I want to connect to this machine from
others in the same network using the same name and IP, not having to
consider whether this time I used the cable or the WiFi. I have been
using that setup on my main laptop for years, and I will also use it on
this tiny laptop at some point.

Linux already does that.  If you connect to the WiFi address, you will
still be able to do that, even when connected via Ethernet.  My testing
demonstrated that.  This is one way Linux differs from Windows.  As I
mentioned, I can always connect to my WiFi, even if Ethernet is
connected, as the built in routing handles that situation.  Give it a
try.  Assign different addresses to WiFi and Ethernet.  Connect with
WiFi and verify you can ping it.  Now, connect Ethernet and try pinging
the WiFi address again.  It will still work.