Re: [opensuse] install leap 15.0 in 10Gb
On 08/25/2018 02:22 PM, Anton Aylward wrote:
On 2018-08-25 8:04 a.m., Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2018-08-25 5:13 a.m., Carlos E. R. wrote:
In my experience, when Thunderbird does a compact operation, it does
save space. Right click on folder, choose compact.

5599325 on imap.telefonica-4.net/INBOX
4696026 after compact.

yes it does, but WHAT does it compact?

As I understand it, it compacts the files you have marked for deletion.

mails, not files.

Yes, the individual messages..
My typo.

And no, I did not delete or mark for delete any emails myself.

Then I'm further co fused.
What mechanism ... oh wait, are you using filters?

I may, for instance, move emails from ISP to local folders (handled by
dovecot)

If you have saved local files because you mistakenly clicked the check-box
when
creating that IMAP account and have a pole of locally saved messages and
then
unclick that check-box, it does not seem to remove the locally saved files.

I repeat that.

This is not about storing mails for archival.

No, I made that point to contrast between TB downloading the message
automagically because of that bloody check-box setting and messages that you
makes the explicitly decision to *manually* download.

Ok :-)

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.