Re: [opensuse] install leap 15.0 in 10Gb

Resend from another account.

On 08/25/2018 03:50 PM, Anton Aylward wrote:
On 2018-08-25 8:48 a.m., Per Jessen wrote:
Anton Aylward wrote:

Now as I and others have commented the point of IMAp is that you
shouldn't have needed to download the messages in the first place. if
you intended them to be downloaded to a single device then you'd use
POP. But if you planned to read your (remote) mailbox using multiple
devices (aka phone/tablet) then you want them left on the IMAP server.
It seems TB can *also* download a *copy*.

Yes, I believe this copy is 1) for use in off-line mode and 2) for
faster indexing/searching.

Well to those of us that have the capability to be on-line with not just TB/PC
but with a variety of portable devices - phone, tablet - all the time, and
that's why we're using IMAP rather than POP, this is a bit irrelevant.

if you want to download for reading all your stuff off-line and to search
everything, then fine: use POP.

It is not about searching offline, but searching (with TB) while
connected. TB can search on its own, without asking the server for
assistance (less load on the ISP imap server), and without downloading
the messages because it already did. At least, it downloads those
messages you have displayed to read, or maybe all depending on the config.

If I want to search inside messages with Alpine on the same ISP folder,
it goes slow, as no contents are cached locally on disk. Unless it asks
the IMAP server to perform the search, something that not all ISP allow.

As it is I only download very specific messages to my file system where they
are
managed by my dovecot server. Which is also IMAP accessible :-)
And has great indexing.

I download all. The capacity of my ISP folders is limited, I think, to 5
GB per account.

I just wish that my email tools could draw on the capabilities of dovecot's
indexing and search capabilities better.
https://wiki.dovecot.org/Plugins/FTS

Currently I don't have search enabled. I had to disable and postpone to
one day. First, decide on one indexer for dovecot.

I have to resend from another account. I hope this one works.
I'm this moment at Ottawa and my Telefonica ISP SMTP server refused to
send my email:

Final-Recipient: rfc822; opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Remote-MTA: dns; smtp.telefonica.net
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 551 5.7.1 ACL660: Envio denegado: reputacion de
IP baja.
Contacte con soporte.

Translation: sending denied: low reputation of the IP. Contact support.

Sigh :-(

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.