Re: [opensuse] Re: cleaining up Thunderbird after disabling all folder sync.
On 2018-08-25 12:57 p.m., Per Jessen wrote:
Per Jessen wrote:

What do you mean by "an individual mailbox"

If you look at your TB directory "ImapMail", and pick one of the
accounts, you'll see mailbox files - "INBOX", "Sent", "Trash" etc.
Some
maybe with subfolders. There is e.g.

INBOX = the mailbox
INBOX.msf = TB index
INBOX.sbd = directory with subfolders.

I have just tidied up one account with the following:

cd ~/.thunderbird/<unique>/ImapMail/<account>
find . -type f -name \*msf |\
sed -e 's/.msf$//' |\
while read mb
do
test -f $mb && rm $mb
done

Check for typos, do a run with "ls -l $mb" first.

My opensuse account was reduced from 740Mb to 34Mb.

Well you can do that comprehensively, and clear out other unused files, purse
caches and clean the SQLite databases using
Bleachbit.

Now there is a downside.
Perhaps I have the wrong setting clicked ON, but I also loose the per folder
setting, the sort-by(threaded=on) goes to off for example and the headings
become standardized

Running bleachbit as root you can also clear out a few tens of megs of unused
locale files!I wish it could links all the COPYING (GPL) files in /usr/share/doc
together.
That would have a lot more space as well.

# find /usr/share/doc -name '*COPYING*' -print | wc -l
1316
# find /usr/share/doc -name '*COPYING*' -print | du -sh
258M .

I wish there was some way, in TB, to set more of the defaults for the folders.