Re: [opensuse] Using e2fsck in, eg, Leap 15.0
On 21/08/18 19:34, Per Jessen wrote:
Basil Chupin wrote:

But the simplest way in the past was to do what I wrote in my opening
post. And if only someone could tell me what now replaces 'mount -o
remount, ro /dev/hdXY' in systemd :-(.)
Nothing, afaik - it's a perfectly valid mount command.

You wrote initially "it doesn't work" - exactly what happens?

I tried it on a running system and of course it says:

office38:~ # mount -o remount,ro /
mount: /: mount point is busy.

What happens when you've done "init 1" and you try the remount?

The "doesn't work" is exactly the message one gets as you just described. That command is only run in 'init 1' mode -- and that's the msg you get.

BC

--
"Truth isn't truth."

Rudy Guiliani, Donald Trump's lawyer, 20 August 2018