Re: [opensuse] Using e2fsck in, eg, Leap 15.0
On 21/08/18 18:37, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2018-08-21 07:01, Basil Chupin wrote:
On 20/08/18 20:32, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2018-08-20 04:08, Lew Wolfgang wrote:
On 08/19/2018 06:57 PM, Basil Chupin wrote:
On 19/08/18 21:43, Carlos E. R. wrote:
Anyway, this boot fsck sometimes failed and said I needed do a full
fsck, manually. Which meant a rescue system.
Thanks Carlos, this is where for the first time I am going to create
that Rescue Disc/Stick :-). Now to read the 'How To...' :-).
Why don't you just use the rescue system on the installation DVD, Basil?
I use it all the time.
Yes, for this thing it suffices. But the full rescue image is way more
powerful, it is a full graphics desktop with XFCE on which you can
install your tools if your favourite is missing, use internet, etc.

Thus you can use, for instance, gparted :-)
Oh for Chrissake! Carlos are you talking about and have been talking
about the SystemRescueCD fromĀ  http://www.system-rescue-cd.org/ and not
the Rescue System on the Leap 15 DVD?!
None of those.

I'm talking about the openSUSE rescue CD:

aria2c
"http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/leap/15.0/live/openSUSE-Leap-15.0-Rescue-CD-x86_64-Current.iso";
I thought it was obvious :-)

Nope, didn't know it existed although I seem to remember that many moons ago there was an option on the DVD installation iso to create such a disc.

Downloading it now -- and will reread your instructions on how to put this onto a USB stick :-).

BC

--
"Truth isn't truth."

Rudy Guiliani, Donald Trump's lawyer, 20 August 2018