Re: [opensuse] install leap 15.0 in 10Gb
On 2018-08-25 8:04 a.m., Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2018-08-25 5:13 a.m., Carlos E. R. wrote:
In my experience, when Thunderbird does a compact operation, it does
save space. Right click on folder, choose compact.

5599325 on imap.telefonica-4.net/INBOX
4696026 after compact.

yes it does, but WHAT does it compact?

As I understand it, it compacts the files you have marked for deletion.

mails, not files.

Yes, the individual messages..
My typo.

And no, I did not delete or mark for delete any emails myself.

Then I'm further co fused.
What mechanism ... oh wait, are you using filters?

If you have saved local files because you mistakenly clicked the check-box
when
creating that IMAP account and have a pole of locally saved messages and then
unclick that check-box, it does not seem to remove the locally saved files.

I repeat that.

This is not about storing mails for archival.

No, I made that point to contrast between TB downloading the message
automagically because of that bloody check-box setting and messages that you
makes the explicitly decision to *manually* download.