Re: [opensuse] install leap 15.0 in 10Gb
On 2018-08-25 13:45, Anton Aylward wrote:
On 2018-08-25 5:13 a.m., Carlos E. R. wrote:
In my experience, when Thunderbird does a compact operation, it does
save space. Right click on folder, choose compact.

5599325 on imap.telefonica-4.net/INBOX
4696026 after compact.

yes it does, but WHAT does it compact?

As I understand it, it compacts the files you have marked for deletion.

mails, not files.

And no, I did not delete or mark for delete any emails myself.

If you have saved local files because you mistakenly clicked the check-box
when
creating that IMAP account and have a pole of locally saved messages and then
unclick that check-box, it does not seem to remove the locally saved files.

UNLESS you mark the messages for deletion in the account window pane.

Now as I and others have commented the point of IMAp is that you shouldn't
have
needed to download the messages in the first place. if you intended them to
be
downloaded to a single device then you'd use POP. But if you planned to read
your (remote) mailbox using multiple devices (aka phone/tablet) then you want
them left on the IMAP server. It seems TB can *also* download a *copy*.

No, I simply make TB display faster email that were already displayed
previously, simple as that.

This is not about storing mails for archival.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.