Re: [opensuse] Re: What would be the proper command to swtich off wlan?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2018 12:53:12 +0200
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2018-08-25 10:14, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

Well, because postfix demands the correct IP there, and baulks with
"localhost 127.0.0.1. There is a bugzilla on that, no real solution
from either suse or postfix people. Both do what they do
intentionally.

Do you have the bugzilla number handy? Wietse Wenema usually doesn't
leave bugs in his software, he's very picky.

Yes, before you ask, I use postfix on a laptop.

Sure, it's installed by default, isn't it ?

Yes, but most people don't use it, even less on a laptop.

They may not know that they do, but many services and such (e.g. smartd,
cron) that deliver mail to root. For that, typically the sendmail
wrapper is used to drop a mail straight into the postfix queue.

There are talks now and then of removing the MTA.

Yep, and I have argued against it, an MTA is required.

Postfix needs to know which interface is the local network, and looks
at /etc/hosts file. If it finds

127.0.0.2 Telcontar.valinor Telcontar

or equivalent, there is a huge trouble:
fatal: parameter inet_interfaces: no local interface found for
127.0.0.2

I just added that line to /etc/hosts on my laptop config (leap423), and
restarted postfix. No problems. (I think the postfix config is 99.9%
vanilla).

It wants:
192.168.1.14 Telcontar.valinor Telcontar

As that IP changes in a (mobile) laptop, I have to adjust hosts file
to reflect the current reality.

You must have an unusual setup - I never have to do anything like that
(when I go traveling).

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (17.0°C)