Re: [opensuse] Re: What would be the proper command to swtich off wlan?
On 2018-08-25 10:14, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

Well, because postfix demands the correct IP there, and baulks with
"localhost 127.0.0.1. There is a bugzilla on that, no real solution
from either suse or postfix people. Both do what they do
intentionally.

Do you have the bugzilla number handy? Wietse Wenema usually doesn't
leave bugs in his software, he's very picky.

Yes, before you ask, I use postfix on a laptop.

Sure, it's installed by default, isn't it ?

Yes, but most people don't use it, even less on a laptop. Most people
use Thunderbird who talks directly to the ISP, bypassing the local
postfix. Easy peasy.

There are talks now and then of removing the MTA.

Postfix needs to know which interface is the local network, and looks at
/etc/hosts file. If it finds

127.0.0.2 Telcontar.valinor Telcontar

or equivalent, there is a huge trouble:

fatal: parameter inet_interfaces: no local interface found for 127.0.0.2

It wants:

192.168.1.14 Telcontar.valinor Telcontar

As that IP changes in a (mobile) laptop, I have to adjust hosts file to
reflect the current reality.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.