Re: [opensuse] Re: What would be the proper command to swtich off wlan?
On 08/24/2018 04:47 AM, Per Jessen wrote:
David C. Rankin wrote:

Ohh, this may be old, but I used to have a script that would let me
switch from wired to wireless and vice versa. IIRC, the actual command
to take wireless up/down was

# /etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-wlan0 down # to take wireless down

a typo? That file is a config, not normally executable, and even if you
do run it, it won't do anything.

Did you mean "ifdown wlan0" ?

Most certainly. as mentioned in the reply, this was from memory and notes, the
actual script is on my 11.4 drive (on the shelf :)

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.