Re: [opensuse] nmb warning spam log problem
On 2018-08-24 11:21, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2018-08-24 10:52, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

Hi,

I get tons of these in one machine:

3.3> 2018-08-24T09:28:18.326441+02:00 Isengard nmbd 1916 - -
[2018/08/24 09:28:18.324888, 0]
../source3/nmbd/nmbd_namequery.c:109(query_name_response)
[snip]
Supposedly, when both wlan and eth are active (there is no button to
deactivate wlan in this laptop),

no rfkill switch, that's interesting.

In Windows, the airplane function key works.

But not in Linux? That's a pity.

Not in Linux, doesn't work. I just found the command to do it manually
in Linux. Except BT, that would be another command.

[nip]
What is it really complaining about, why does it keep filling the
log with thousands of entries like that? How can I stop it?

It's a known issue:

https://thr3ads.net/samba/2000/08/1675707-query_name_response-Multiple-responses-received

Aug 2000!

Okay, a very well known issue :-)

It looks like maybe the 'interfaces' config would be useful to play
with.

Ha! ie, disabling the wan in the nmb config in Legolas. What if I'm
then connected via wan another day? Undo manually each time? Not good.

However, even when the second interface is disabled (ifconfig doesn't
list it), the complains continue.

Ie, this instant only ONE IP is connected.

Dunno, I never dabble much with samba.

I do, sometimes. I may need it on this laptop, I'll go visiting.
At home, there is one multimedia centre using it.
Also, I do my Windows side of the laptop backup over samba some times.

I use and watch the warn log because supposedly it only has
*important* issues.

Well, it has warnings. Not necessarily important warnings :-)

If there is something important, it will be there - camouflaged within 5
thousand lines of nmbd crap! :-(

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.