Re: [opensuse] nmb warning spam log problem
On 2018-08-24 10:52, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

Hi,

I get tons of these in one machine:

3.3> 2018-08-24T09:28:18.326441+02:00 Isengard nmbd 1916 - -
[2018/08/24 09:28:18.324888, 0]
../source3/nmbd/nmbd_namequery.c:109(query_name_response)
[snip]
Supposedly, when both wlan and eth are active (there is no button to
deactivate wlan in this laptop),

no rfkill switch, that's interesting.

In Windows, the airplane function key works.

routing makes only eth "work". But
other machines are seeing the wlan connection.

I suspect routing only gives preference to the ethernet interface.

Right.

[nip]
What is it really complaining about, why does it keep filling the log
with thousands of entries like that? How can I stop it?

It's a known issue:

https://thr3ads.net/samba/2000/08/1675707-query_name_response-Multiple-responses-received

Aug 2000!

It looks like maybe the 'interfaces' config would be useful to play
with.

Ha! ie, disabling the wan in the nmb config in Legolas. What if I'm then
connected via wan another day? Undo manually each time? Not good.

However, even when the second interface is disabled (ifconfig doesn't
list it), the complains continue.

Ie, this instant only ONE IP is connected.

Notice that it is the WARN log which is filling up.

Which really just means nmbd is logging those with that severity. I
always disable that log file. Don't you have the same lines
in /var/log/messages ?

Certainly. With much more.

I use and watch the warn log because supposedly it only has *important*
issues.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.