Re: [opensuse] Re: Thunderbird
On 2018-08-24 08:49, Per Jessen wrote:
James Knott wrote:

On 08/23/2018 02:31 AM, Per Jessen wrote:
or TB will store all messages, attachments, everything, on your
local computer instead of simply leaving them on the server and
storing the index locally.
What a ridiculous default. It would surely have been better to
say "keep the last 30 days worth" for offline use.

That would depend on the computer.  For example, I want all messages
to be stored on my desktop computer, but not on my notebook or Android
devices.

Going off-topic - it's still a ridiculous _default_ setting.
I wouldn't want my mail kept anywhere but on the imap server. My
archive accounts I certainly would not want anywhere but on the archive
server.

It depends. If going over Internet with a slow connection, I might
prefer to cache it all. At least if Thunderbird is efficient and doesn't
re-download it all on a whim.

If the machine has disk space, why not?

What I want to reduce, however, is the memory footprint of Thunderbird.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.