Re: [opensuse] IMAP mode mail retention in Thunderbird
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2018 09:21:02 +0200
Anton Aylward wrote:

On 2018-08-22 4:02 p.m., David C. Rankin wrote:
You must very quicky uncheck:

Server Settings -> Synchronization & Storage -> [x] Keep messages
for this
account on this computer (default)

or TB will store all messages, attachments, everything, on your local
computer instead of simply leaving them on the server and storing the
index locally.

DAMN!
It seems the default was to have that ticked ON.
So I've been though all my accounts and turned it off.

Ditto.

Apparently you CAN set it on for folders as well as accounts!

I think that has been available for a long time - ISTR a tickbox "make
available for off-line use" on a folder.

Now, does turning it off PURGE?
It seems not.

Yeah, on my laptop my ImapMail folder hasn't shrunk yet. (16Gb worth).

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (17.6°C)