Re: [opensuse] Install leap-15.0 with nvidia card
On 21/08/18 21:23, Josef Wolf wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to install openSUSE-Leap-15.0-DVD-x86_64.iso on a desktop with an
nvidia quadro 2000 card.

On the splash screen I select the monitor resolution and then choose
"Install". Then kernel/installer is loaded (with progress bar indication on
the bottom of the screen).

When installer starts up, the screen turns to black and the monitor switches
off, saying "going to sleep".

Switching to VT1 (with CTRL-ALT-F1) works, but when I switch back to the
installer (CTRL-ALT-F7), everyhting is dark again.

Searching the net finds me many information about installing the nvidia
drivers ON A RUNNING SYSTEM.

But how is one supposed to install the system in the first place?

Thanks,

When the DVD boots and you get the menu, type "nomodeset" on the kernel command line before finally pressing ENTER to start the actual installation.

BC

--
"Truth isn't truth."

Rudy Guiliani, Donald Trump's lawyer, 20 August 2018