Re: [opensuse] Set host/domain-name during install?
On 2018-08-22 17:19, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2018-08-22 14:19, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2018-08-22 01:26, Josef Wolf wrote:
Hello,

old opensuse versions used to have a possibility to set hostname
and dns name during install.

In Leap-15, there seems no longer to be such a possibility.
Instead, some random host name is used.

Why ist it no longer possible to set hostname during install and
what is the way to set it?

If the network has DHCP and the install system sees it, no network
configuration will be asked. If there is no DHCP, then the install
system will ask. And this is intentional.

That's a good explanation. Makes sense.

I do not know if this configuration will be passed to the installed
system.

The dhcp config? yes, that is passed to the finished system.

No, the manual configuration.

Yep, that is also copied.

I remember having problems with that sometime in the past, because
sometimes it wasn't. I think it was the wifi setup with password that I
tried once.

Maybe removing the ethernet cable would force the install system to
prompt.

Could be a problem for a network ihstall :-)

Oops. :-}

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.