Re: [opensuse] Using e2fsck in, eg, Leap 15.0
22.08.2018 15:37, Per Jessen пишет:
Andrei Borzenkov wrote:

22.08.2018 14:17, Carlos E. R. пишет:

But Basil (and you?) says that fsck can't check root on init 1, and
you say you can on init S, so they are not the same.

You cannot use fsck on mounted filesystem. Period.

When it's mounted read-only? I'm sure I did that just yesterday.

It won't prevent you from shooting yourself in the foot, that's right.

You cannot change mounted filesystem, read-only or not, which means to
actually fix it (assuming fsck reports errors) you need to unmount it
anyway. So you just wasted your time. If you want to fsck, you do it
before mounting, not after.

And in any case, it has nothing to do with runlevel, so any bickering
about 1 vs. S is entirely off mark.