Re: [opensuse] Leap-15.0: how to switch to single user mode?
22.08.2018 14:44, Richard Brown пишет:
On Wed, 22 Aug 2018 at 13:41, Carlos E. R. <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

On 2018-08-22 13:19, Josef Wolf wrote:
Hello,

if i give the command "telinit s" (on VT1 of course) the screen is blanked
and
only a cursor blinks at the top left corder.

If I use CTL-ATL-F1 to switch to VT1 again, I see the last contents of that
VT1. The last command I gave (the "telinit s") just hangs. I'd expect
either a
root shell or a prpmopt to type the root password to get a shell.

What gives? How can I switch to single user mode?

Maybe "init S".

The correct command in this modern era is

systemctl isolate rescue.target

Care to explain the difference?