Re: [opensuse] Leap-15.0: how to switch to single user mode?
* Mark Hounschell <markh@xxxxxxxxxx> [08-22-18 08:49]:
On 08/22/2018 07:19 AM, Josef Wolf wrote:
Hello,

if i give the command "telinit s" (on VT1 of course) the screen is blanked
and
only a cursor blinks at the top left corder.

If I use CTL-ATL-F1 to switch to VT1 again, I see the last contents of that
VT1. The last command I gave (the "telinit s") just hangs. I'd expect
either a
root shell or a prpmopt to type the root password to get a shell.

What gives? How can I switch to single user mode?

#init s

Works just fine here on 15.0.

but the problem appears to be the different approach, "booting" to init
(1|S)/runlevel 1/telnet (1|S) and "changing to" init (1|S)/runlevel
1/telnet (1|S)

and your results fail to mention your path.