[opensuse] Re: Firefox: is this a possible security problem?
Felix Miata wrote:
L A Walsh composed on 2018-08-21 18:31 (UTC-0700):

Felix Miata wrote:

1-user.js: an optional preferences preset file that 'zilla apps never write to,
and incorporate into prefs.js at every startup
----
Doesn't it have and respect the options in "about:config", like:

user.js is an optional file that exists only if a user creates it. Unless
something has changed that I don't know about, anything in it that is (or was)
valid is applied on startup of Firefox, TB and SeaMonkey.
---
Not disagreeing...how many ways can you find to do 'X'....

The problem with user.js, for me, is it is "empty" at the beginning, so you have to know all the names of the options you want to change before you can add them.

Many of those options are listed out if you look at about:config so
you can peruse and change ones you are sure of, or google ones that you aren't.

But I need to know the names of the settings before I can add them
to user.js and change them. Even then I may not be sure of the exact
syntax I need to have so the browser understands what I meant in user.js.

Whereas changing things in about:config -- click and new value.
For me its an ease of use thing.