Re: [opensuse] Using e2fsck in, eg, Leap 15.0
On 2018-08-21 13:55, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2018-08-21 11:34, Per Jessen wrote:
Basil Chupin wrote:

But the simplest way in the past was to do what I wrote in my
opening post. And if only someone could tell me what now replaces
'mount -o remount, ro /dev/hdXY' in systemd :-(.)

Nothing, afaik - it's a perfectly valid mount command.

You wrote initially "it doesn't work" - exactly what happens?

I tried it on a running system and of course it says:

office38:~ # mount -o remount,ro /
mount: /: mount point is busy.

What happens when you've done "init 1" and you try the remount?

IIRC, same thing. Busy. Long time since I last tried.

Just tried it, you're right.

Boot up into single user mode, and it works though.

What level is "single user mode"? :-?

I thought that was "init 1".

--
Cheers / Saludos,