Re: [opensuse] installation F5 safe settings
On 2018-08-21 03:14, don fisher wrote:
On 08/20/2018 06:11 PM, don fisher wrote:
On 08/19/2018 09:16 PM, Felix Miata wrote:
don fisher composed on 2018-08-19 20:54 (UTC-0700):

Boot installation media
F5
Select safe settings
Wait for installation GUI to paint the screen
Ctrl-Alt-F2
# cat /proc/cmdline

I experimented with the above "Safe Settings" and found that the only
one that is required is acpi=off. And with thatthe system boots, but
xosview only shows 3 cpus rather that the usual 7. Could the
hyperthreading (if that is what they still call it) be disabled with
lack of acpi?
I tried the following options listed in kernel-parameters.txt,
acpi=noirq, acpi=strict, and acpi=rsdt but none were successful. There
are 26 more acpi related commands listed indicating a complex
subsystem, but I do not know enough currently to experiment further.

Well, that is interesting.

Ideas welcome.

Bugzilla.

Don

I am tired. I meant 4 cpus rather than the usual 8. Sorry.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.