Re: [opensuse] Using e2fsck in, eg, Leap 15.0
On 20/08/18 16:29, ellanios82 wrote:
On 20/08/18 04:52, Basil Chupin wrote:

             fsck.ext4 -f /dev/sdc1

Thank you, but you mean that you simply run the above without unmounting the partition?

 - naturally : only run on UN-mounted partitions :

Yes, but... this is one part of the Q I asked: How does one now "unmount" the partition to be able to execute e2fsck?

I wrote that after issuing the command 'init 1' one then issued 'mount -o remount,ro /dev/hdXY' to unmount the partition and then remount it in read-only mode.

What is the command now because the above one does not work with systemd?

else ,

: boot a live-system [say on usb stick] , enabling check on intended , now unmounted partitions

Been working on an usb stick since yesterday: tried to find on how to create such a bootable stick in the wiki but... however, after searching the web finally found https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Live_USB_stick, used Image Writer... Will now start all over again and create that stick or bust :-).

BC

--
There comes a time in the affairs of a man when he has to take
the bull by the tail and face the situation.