Re: [opensuse] skype for linux version4.3
  • From: Constant Brouerius van Nidek <constant@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2018 10:50:52 +0700
On 2018-08-20 20:28, Richmond wrote:
Constant Brouerius van Nidek wrote:
With the latest Skype for Linux version 8.xx I still have lots of
problems
with sound which entered in Skype since the last working Skype 4.3

Was lurking on the web and found that there are some Linux Skype users
who
found ways to use their 4.3 version. Lost that info and can not find the
Skype v4.3 rpm for the install.

Same as the way around the version 4.3 no-no which was build in the use
of
skypeforlinux.

Could somebody give me the tips I looking for?

I have an rpm skype-4.3.0.37-suse.i586.rpm.

I could email it to you if you like. I don't know if it works. I too
have had sound problems with newer skype version so switched to using on
iOS with an iphone.

Either people don't see my email or they don't understand them. I
already showed a version on build with 4.3. They also appear on software.oo

https://software.opensuse.org/package/skype-legacy

That was the link I was hoping for. Never seen any mention of the skype-
legacy.
The one click install did not work for my so I downloaded the rpm.
As would like to keep up to date I tried to get the url for the download site.
Could not enter an accepted url in my software repositories. But that can wait
for the moment.
Will try out the new Skype and hope to have the fun back.

--
opensuse:tumbleweed:20180815
Qt: 5.11.1 KDE Frameworks: 5.48.0 - KDE Plasma: 5.13.4 - kwin 5.13.4