Re: [opensuse] Using e2fsck in, eg, Leap 15.0
On 2018-08-20 04:08, Lew Wolfgang wrote:
On 08/19/2018 06:57 PM, Basil Chupin wrote:
On 19/08/18 21:43, Carlos E. R. wrote:

Anyway, this boot fsck sometimes failed and said I needed do a full
fsck, manually. Which meant a rescue system.

Thanks Carlos, this is where for the first time I am going to create
that Rescue Disc/Stick :-). Now to read the 'How To...' :-).

Why don't you just use the rescue system on the installation DVD, Basil?
I use it all the time.

Yes, for this thing it suffices. But the full rescue image is way more
powerful, it is a full graphics desktop with XFCE on which you can
install your tools if your favourite is missing, use internet, etc.

Thus you can use, for instance, gparted :-)

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.