Re: [opensuse] installation F5 safe settings
On 2018-08-20 06:28, don fisher wrote:
On 08/19/2018 09:16 PM, Felix Miata wrote:
don fisher composed on 2018-08-19 20:54 (UTC-0700):

Felix Miata wrote:

don fisher composed on 2018-08-19 19:47 (UTC-0700):

...I was able to boot the Leap 15 installation DVD if I
selected F5 and Safe Settings. I now need to find out exactly what
this
sets...

On vtty2:
# cat /proc/cmdline
apm=off
acpi=off
mce=off
barrier=off
ide=nodma
idewait=50
i8042.nomux
psmouse.proto=bare
irqpoll
pci=nommconf
initrd=initrd
splash=silent
systemboot=1

Will you please explain what you were running when you entered vtty2?

Boot installation media
F5
Select safe settings
Wait for installation GUI to paint the screen
Ctrl-Alt-F2
# cat /proc/cmdline

Thanks. I thought so, but I thought I was the only one left using DVD
install media:-)

It is the same with USB install media.

Also, you should be able to edit the settings on boot, remove one of
those settings, then boot. If it works well, reboot and repeat, but this
time taking out two settings.

Repeat until you find the one that breaks: ie, till you find one that
make the install to fail when removed. Then reboot removing all the
other settings but that one that is really needed, and tell here which
one it is.

If you are not lucky, it would be more than one setting to keep.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.