Re: [opensuse] kernel versions
On 2018-08-20 02:55, Knurpht-openSUSE wrote:
Op maandag 20 augustus 2018 00:47:26 CEST schreef Carlos E. R.:
On 2018-08-19 22:31, Knurpht-openSUSE wrote:
His problem is not yet solved.

And it never will as long as Don keeps coming with things 'found on the
internet', like 'a patch in /sys' ( which is regenerated at boot ),
without
providing links we can check. As long as he doesn't provide proper info,
everything is just shooting in the dark, and this gets even worse since
we
do
not know what's being done and undone.

I am often criticized for making my posts too long, by people that are
evidently charged by message length. This thread now contains 94 messages,
some not really related to the problem that I am trying to solve.

The link you referenced offering a solution to the E2500 card problem, was
offers on Ubuntu forums,
<https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2350778>. And as you
suggested, the commands have to be applied on each reboot. I do not know
where it comes from, just that it works. And I am often told that I am
lazy and should search Google for solutions.

If this hack works for you, it is possible to apply them on every boot
automatically.

In the directory "/etc/init.d" create one of these scripts, or edit if it
exist:

after.local

Runs after runlevel is complete. Right, I know "runlevels" do not exist
with systemd. Fine, "target".

Carlos, don't you agree this is bringing Don further and further away from a
default install? With the knowledge displayed so far, IMNSHO that's maybe
working around some issues, but not really solving his issues.

I understand that the default install doesn't work for him.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.