Re: [opensuse] kernel versions
On 2018-08-18 9:03 p.m., don fisher wrote:
and the dns-resolver wasn't polluting the world with silly resolve.conf error
messages. One would be fine, but hundreds serve no purpose as far as I know.

That too depends on
- the DNS resolver you use.
I use dnsmasq which is very configurable
- how you have it configured
if yo just accept that is handed to you by your ISPs DHCP resolution
you might have little to no control and that may be the reason for
your deluge of errors
- how you have the filtering with your system logging set up.
Both message acceptance and the result display
back to RTFM

The point I m,m Patrick, Carlo and Basic are all trying to make is
a) you have a lot of choices in how your system is set up
b) each choice is very configurable
But you have to put the effort in into learning about those choices and making
them and doing the configuration, rather than just bitching about an
out-of-the-box not working.