Re: [opensuse] kernel versions
On 2018-08-19 03:03, don fisher wrote:
On 08/18/2018 05:38 PM, Anton Aylward wrote:

I mentioned I was about to give up. Looking on Google, the first
reference I see to this model laptop is Nov 1, 2016. More than a year
and a half ago, so I did not consider it bleeding edge. I will continue
to poke around until I get angry enough to throw it.

Did you google if this machine works well with Linux?

Did you say it works well with 42.3, but not with 15.0? Then the thing
would be to report in bugzilla, a regression.

You mention reading logs. It was a lot easier when /var/log/messages
existed,

Just install rsyslog and you have it back.
But you can get a very similar result from journalctl as it is.

and the dns-resolver wasn't polluting the world with silly
resolve.conf error messages. One would be fine, but hundreds serve no
purpose as far as I know.

There are tricks to silence that. I don't remember this instant, though.
Hundreds? That's strange.

[searching]

One idea I read about is deleting /etc/resolv.conf, and then running
"rcnetwork restart" which should recreate it again.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.