Re: [opensuse] kernel versions
On 2018-08-18 7:55 p.m., don fisher wrote:
I just tried to boot the 4.4.143-65-default kernel offered by zypper up
yesterday. Works fine on my regular machines, hangs at loading the ramdisk on
the new laptop.

More and more and more it seem that your problems focus on your this new laptop.
As I said, I'm not surprised that a new, bleeding edge, laptop gives problems.
It may be this specific item, it may be the model.

This list has mentioned in the past many laptops that are problematic and others
that seem to run Linux well.
You may want to trade this in for an older, much older, model, if having a Linux
laptop is important to you.