Re: [opensuse] kernel versions
On 2018-08-18 06:24, Basil Chupin wrote:
On 18/08/18 05:15, Carlos E. R. wrote:

The idea is to verify that the DVD is correct before rebooting again to
install. Maybe it is bad.

Right.

Just for the record, so to speak, yesterday I was forced by
circumstances to re-install Leap 15.0 on my laptop.

I have a DVD which has been checked for errors (there are none), and the
surface of the DVD is perfectly clean and yet, when the DVD 'booted' and
I selected "Installation" from the menu, the loading of the kernel
"stopped, short, never to go again" some 25 seconds into the process.

I then rebooted the laptop and when Leap 15's menu came up I typed
"nomodeset" on the kernel command line, pressed ENTER ... and the
installation then proceeded without a hitch.

"Good!", I thought to myself, "now I can tell Carlos that what I stated
earlier is proven." :-)

:-)

There was someone recently that could install from USB stick, but the
DVD worked - or the other way round, I don't remember. Very surprising.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.