Re: [opensuse] kernel versions
On 2018-08-17 03:04, don fisher wrote:
On 08/04/2018 11:05 PM, David C. Rankin wrote:
On 08/04/2018 10:43 PM, don fisher wrote:

   I checked and stable is 4.17.12 -- so if your hardware is supported by the
latest kernel -- you will be in luck. Good luck.

I have received some hardware and wanted to try the same experiment. But
when I go to the above site the kernel offered is
kernel-default-devel-4.18.0-5.1.g280ac93.x86_64.rpm, not the 4.17.12
suggested above. I looked and did not see how to get to a list offering
previous kernels including 4.17.12. Any ideas?

Gone.

That repository moves fast. Between the time he looked and the time you
looked, it changed.

It is ok to _look_ at the repository using a web browser, but to install
things use zypper or yast after adding the repo.

Seeing that it moves that fast, I would clone the repo to a directory of
my own and use that instead.

Also, I noticed while searching through directories, that directories
are offered in two forms:
stable/
stable:/
How does one interpret the difference between directory names with and
without the colon?

Good question to which I have no answer :-(

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.