Re: [opensuse] how to add a group?
Am 06.08.2018 um 22:21 schrieb Dave Howorth:
I need to create a new group - 'plugdev' - and make my user a member of
the group (it's apparently necessary for android dev tools).

On Unix systems, adding a user to a group doesn't change existing
processes. That's why id(1) doesn't show the new group right away.

To solve this, you need to log out or you need to start a new login
shell, for example by using "ssh localhost". Login shells create a new
user instance and attach it to itself and all children.

The second approach creates the odd situation that your user will be in
the group in some terminal windows but not in others.

Just log in again.

Regards,

http://blog.pdark.de/