Re: [opensuse] kernel versions
On 10/8/18 10:04 pm, Anton Aylward wrote:
On 2018-08-09 10:52 p.m., Basil Chupin wrote:
Ouch! Sorry, I forgot that you said you had a problem in installing Leap 15.0
and therefore forgot to add this to my comment above: when you start the DVD to
install Leap, add the instruction 'nomodeset' (without the single quotation
marks ' ) on the kernel command line. This will/should get you past that sudden
stop in the installation process which you experienced (and which I, and many
others, have the good misfortune of experiencing).
This rather depends on the problems he has with the DVD.
if the DVD won't boot ...

Of course, but what Don wrote was-

<quote>

Leap 15 DVD install program would not boot.

</quote>

which, to me, meant that while the DVD booted he couldn't get past selecting the Install part.

One thing I've observed: Don is not very explicit in describing his problems
But then again, many people aren't either.

So true.

BC

--

There comes a time in the affairs of a man when he has to take
the bull by the tail and face the situation.