Re: [opensuse] kernel versions
On 2018-08-09 15:59, Anton Aylward wrote:
On 09/08/18 05:25 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:

rpm --erase nameof_package_you_found

I prefer to use 'zypper rm nameof_package_you_found' for a number of reasons.
One of them is that we are discussing the kernel here, and if you add or
delete
a kernel you want to make sure that the other aspects of the system , in
particular grub, match up with it.
There's no point in trying to book a kernel that is no longer there.

Grub will match :-)

Unless you specifically over-ride, zypper is going to make sure that any
dependencies etc etc are taken care off. The RPM command doesn't have all
those smarts.

Not exactly :-)

Rpm command will check that the dependencies are fulfilled, and refuse
to delete the package if they don't.

Zypper will install other packages to replace what you delete to fulfill
dependencies.

Both check dependencies.

--
Cheers / Saludos,