Re: [opensuse] Change in T'Bird reply format
On 08/08/18 00:19, Anton Aylward wrote:
It use to look like this:

On 06/07/18 03:23 PM, Lew Wolfgang wrote:

now it looks like this

On 2018-08-07 8:54 a.m., Carlos E. R. wrote:

The change from "AM' or "PM" to "a.m." and "p.m."
is throwing spelling/grammer errors. Annoying.

Where does this come from?

This is the setting
mailnews.reply_header_ondateauthorwrote
and has a value of
On #2 #3, #1 wrote:

And yes, I understand that.
But I don't understand the change and I don't understand how the "#3" gets
formatted.
Can anyone advise?

My google-fu hasn't revealed anything that illuminated this specific matter.

If you weren't so cute, cuddly and lovable I would call you a pain-in-the-proverbial :-).

You are using Thunderbird V60.0 (and FF V60.0) [see attached] -- so why didn't you mention this fact? And while we are on the subject, which OS are you using, openSUSE (and which version)? :-)

The latest available version, in the openSUSE repositories, of Thunderbird for Leap 42.3, Leap 15.0 and Tumbleweed is version 52.9.1 and there is no date format problem, at least for moi, with 52.9.x.

So, how is it that you are using Thunderbird v60.0?

(OK, I know where you may have got it from -- I just downloaded v60.0 myself to see if I get the same date format problem [which is not evident in TB v52.9] -- and I am also (successfully) using FF 62.0. Will report after I install TB v60.0 in the next hour or so.)

BC

--
There comes a time in the affairs of a man when he has to take
the bull by the tail and face the situation.