Re: [opensuse] setting up ssh
On 2018-08-09 20:51, George from the tribe wrote:
So I just finished installing Leap 15.0 on my laptop. Nice. So far
things look good.

One question - how do I get port 22 to open on startup as well as get
the sshd service to run on startup?

The easiest way is to do it on the last installation screen, at the
bottom :-)

As things are now, in order to rsync my computers over ssh, I have to
manually open port 22 in the firewall editor and run
# systemctl start sshd.service

I have to repeat that whenever I reboot the machine.

You need to "enable" the service to make it permanent.

systemctl enable sshd.service

as root.

--
Cheers / Saludos,