Re: [opensuse] setting up ssh
* George from the tribe <tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [08-09-18 14:53]:
So I just finished installing Leap 15.0 on my laptop. Nice. So far things
look good.

One question - how do I get port 22 to open on startup as well as get the
sshd service to run on startup?

On previous versions of opensuse, I went into
# /etc/sysconfig/SuSEfirewall2

and changed the appropriate line to
FW_CONFIGURATIONS_EXT="sshd"

Then I typed in insserv sshd as root and that set it up to always run.

As things are now, in order to rsync my computers over ssh, I have to
manually open port 22 in the firewall editor and run
# systemctl start sshd.service

I have to repeat that whenever I reboot the machine.

are you running SuSEfirewall2 or firewalld?