Re: [opensuse] kernel versions
On 09/08/18 05:25 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:

rpm --erase nameof_package_you_found

I prefer to use 'zypper rm nameof_package_you_found' for a number of reasons.
One of them is that we are discussing the kernel here, and if you add or delete
a kernel you want to make sure that the other aspects of the system , in
particular grub, match up with it.
There's no point in trying to book a kernel that is no longer there.

Unless you specifically over-ride, zypper is going to make sure that any
dependencies etc etc are taken care off. The RPM command doesn't have all
those smarts.