Re: [opensuse] Change in T'Bird reply format
On 08/07/2018 09:19 AM, Anton Aylward wrote:
It use to look like this:

On 06/07/18 03:23 PM, Lew Wolfgang wrote:

now it looks like this

On 2018-08-07 8:54 a.m., Carlos E. R. wrote:

The change from "AM' or "PM" to "a.m." and "p.m."
is throwing spelling/grammer errors. Annoying.

Where does this come from?

This is the setting
mailnews.reply_header_ondateauthorwrote
and has a value of
On #2 #3, #1 wrote:

And yes, I understand that.
But I don't understand the change and I don't understand how the "#3" gets
formatted.
Can anyone advise?

My google-fu hasn't revealed anything that illuminated this specific matter.

I think you are close with mailnews.reply_header_authorwroteondate, but I
think "time" is what you want to search the Config Editor with. What looks
promising is:

messenger.conversations.selections.actionMessagesTemplate
messenger.conversations.selections.contentMessagesTemplate
messenger.conversations.selections.systemMessagesTemplate

Those look like the likely date/time formats, but I'm not sure which is the
one triggered on "Reply"...

(damn glad I haven't updated yet.... and glad suse still provides the Gtk+2
option. I was just on Arch running the mozilla.org 52.9 version and it was
hideous compared to the openSuSE build)

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.