Re: [opensuse] how to add a group?
Dave, et al --

...and then Dave Howorth said...
%
% I need to create a new group - 'plugdev' - and make my user a member of
% the group (it's apparently necessary for android dev tools).
%
% $ id
% uid=1000(dhoworth) gid=100(users) groups=100(users),16(dialout)
% Ah, if I su to myself then
%
% $ groups
% users dialout plugdev
%
% Gah! I must be missing something basic.

Basic, yes, but not necessarily well known. I'll be that you ran

su - ..

to become yourself so that you effected a login shell, which is what you
need to read your groupship. You can either log out and log in again or
just ssh to your machine in that window and you'll then have the plugdev
group in that shell.

HTH & HAND

:-D
--