Re: [opensuse] Re: Question re why part of a magazine article does not print
On 05/08/18 22:14, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2018-08-05 08:06, Basil Chupin wrote:
On 02/08/18 04:38, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2018-08-01 20:30, Doug wrote:
On 07/31/2018 11:16 PM, L A Walsh wrote:
Basil Chupin wrote:
I printed out this article-

https://au.pcmag.com/software/138/guide/the-best-vpn-services-of-2018

but the table at the beginning of the article won't print -- the
printing begins with the Heading then skips the table of the various
VPNs and continues from "VPNs Keep You Safe Online".
----
     Had same problem--- cuz table is too wide.
     Flipped it to landscape and it printed the table
on the first page...
-l

I took another look at this, and the text is corrupted by some kind of
"share" thing for what looks like symbols for facebook, twitter, and a
couple of things I don't recognize. And since I

won't ever use any of these "social" apps, I can't share with any of
them, and it makes the text difficult to read. If you subscribe to PC
Mag, you should write to them and complain!
You can click on "toggle reader view", the text becomes easy to read,
but the table disappears.

Another "feature": print preview crashed the tab. A second time and it
fails to respond at all.
Ce`?

You speak in riddles :-). What "tab" crashes?

Nothing "crashes" here, but then I don't know what you mean by "tab".
The firefox tab where the page was displayed. FF posted a notice
regretting that the tab had crashed (previously the entire FF would crash).

I clicked on File/print preview, and the page crashed. Made FF to crash
the tab.

Hmm, I think I understand what your are saying but I don't have, and
never had, this problem: nothing 'crashes' here (and I am now even using
FF v62.0beta).

I typically use "preview" instead of printing directly, so that I can
change the zoom level if the page doesn't fit, and to know which pages
to print instead of all of them.

And thank you for sending me the LibreOffice copy of that article. I had
a quick look at the first page as it came up in LO but haven't looked
further (to see if the graphics on the later pages are there) nor
printed it.
Welcome :-)

Changing the size of the font in reader view is easier, though.

Yes, so I discovered when I looked closer at those 'widgets' in the
narrow column on the l-h side :-).

BC

--
There comes a time in the affairs of a man when he has to take
the bull by the tail and face the situation.