Re: [opensuse] Re: Question re why part of a magazine article does not print
On 05/08/18 16:55, jdd@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Le 05/08/2018 à 07:49, Basil Chupin a écrit :

in may be in length.  If Screengrab can do it why can't Spectacle do
same?

because a *screen* capture do what is said, capture the screen. How
can it know what is there out? spectacle now nothing about Firefox

Now, I know nothing about how these things work but it seems to me that
a screengrab program must look for some marker which "tells" it where
the 'screen' to capture begins and where it ends. Right? Or put another
way, the program looks for the marker showing the beginning of a "file"
(SOF) and the end of file (EOF) and captures what is between the SOF and
the EOF.

To me, something tells Spectacle to consider the EOF to be the last
pixel of the displayed screen, while Screengrab! actually looks for the
EOF of, say, an article when one selects the 'Complete Page' option.

And to me, the description of what each of the "Capture Mode" (here:
https://docs.kde.org/stable5/en/kdegraphics/spectacle/using.html#idm46336202854880
) means may just as well been been written in Aramaic :-).

BC

--
There comes a time in the affairs of a man when he has to take
the bull by the tail and face the situation.